MSW ADMISSIONS Fall 2018
MSW Program Information Session
We will be holding two information sessions in September for the MSW program at the SFSU campus Please note the location of the 9/26 session has changed:
- Tuesday, September 26th in *HSS 362* from 5:00-7:00 pm
- Thursday, September 28th in Library 121 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
No RSVP required for either event. For more information see the flyer below. There is only need to attend one event.
MSW Program Application Expectations
- Must have a GPA at or above 3.0
- International Applicants must submit TOEFL scores by December 15, 2017. (For applicants who previously obtained either a Bachelor's or Master's from an US institution this requirment is waived)
- Incomplete, late applications, and/or late supporting documents will not be accepted or reviewed.
- Service experience is not required but is a plus.
- GRE is not required.
MSW Program Information
MSW Concentration: The school of social work at SF State is a two-year full-time program with fall admissions only. The MSW program has one concentration (area of specialized emphasis): Individuals, Families, and Groups.
Title IV-E Child Welfare Stipend Program: Our program participates in the Title IV-E Child Welfare Training Project. If interested in working in the field of public child welfare, please consider completing the supplemental Title IV-E application on our CalState Apply application.
Pupil Personnel Services Credential (PPSC): Our program offers the PPSC for students interested in working in the public school setting.
Please see our website for further information about these opportunities.
MSW Program Application Process
Please note: The MSW Program online application process has been simplified into a single application for SFSU Graduate Studies and the School of Social Work. Please note: CSUMentor has been replaced by CalState Apply.
- Apply to SFSU through CalState Apply
- Application opens October 1, 2017
- MSW Application and all other required supplemental supporting documents are due no later than: Friday, December 15, 2017, before 11:59PM.
- All materials that cannot yet be uploaded through the online application process must be mailed or delivered to the School of Social Work by Friday, December, 15, 2017.
San Francisco State University
School of Social Work
1600 Holloway Avenue, HSS 222
San Francisco, CA 94132
For additional information about the application process, please go to Graduate Studies Website
If you are interested in learning more about the profession of social work and all of the possibilities that the degree has to offer, please click on any of the links below.