All of the following criteria must be met:
1. Admission to the Bachelor of Arts in Social Work major is limited to students at the upper division level (60 units or more).
2. Applicants must be eligible for admission to undergraduate studies at San Francisco State University.
3. Prior to applying for the social work program, you must complete an online application to the University via CalState Apply at CalState Apply. The CalState Apply application period is from October 1, 2017 to November 30, 2017.
4. Meet the general university admission requirements for upper-division applicants. Students must have completed the Lower Division General Education curriculum (or equivalent) and have junior standing (60 units or more) upon acceptance to San Francisco State University.
5. Have an all-college total GPA of 2.0 (California residents) or 2.4 (non-residents) or higher at the time of application.
6. Complete the five required prerequisite courses with either a “C-“grade or higher prior to admission into the BASW Program.
Applicants must complete the five required prerequisite courses with either a “C-“grade or higher” prior to admission into the BASW Program. Admission to the Bachelor of Arts in Social Work major is limited to students at the upper division level (60 units or more).
- Introductory-level course in Human Biology (BIO 100 or equivalent- lab not required)
- Macro Economics (ECON 102 or ECON 305 or equivalent)
- Introductory Psychology (PSY 200 or equivalent),
- Introductory Sociology (SOC 105 or equivalent), and
- English 214 (Second Year written composition) or equivalent prior to entering the BASW program
Transfer students can check Assist for course equivalencies in their respective colleges.
Transfer students must submit two separate applications:
1. Complete the SFSU Application for Admission online using CalState Apply by the November 30, 2017 deadline. All official college transcripts must be sent to the SF State Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the due date.
2. Complete the School of Social Work supplemental application. After completing CalState Apply application, students who meet the eligibility requirements described above can access the supplemental application forms/documents Here, at the bottom of the page. The BASW supplemental application deadline is Friday, December 15, 2017.