All of the following criteria must be met:
- Admission to the Bachelor of Arts in Social Work major is limited to students at the upper division level (60 units or more but not exceeding 96 units).
- Applicants must be a current SF State student OR eligible for admission to undergraduate studies at San Francisco State University. See here for transfer student criteria.
- Students must have completed the Lower Division General Education curriculum (or equivalent) and have junior standing (60 units or more but not exceeding 96 units) at San Francisco State University.
- Have an all-college total GPA of 2.0 (California residents) or 2.4 (non-residents) or higher at the time of application.
- Complete the five required prerequisite courses with either a “C-“grade or higher prior to admission into the BASW Program.
Applicants must complete the five required prerequisite courses with either a “C-“grade or higher” prior to starting the BASW Program. Admission to the Bachelor of Arts in Social Work major is limited to students at the upper division level (60 units or more).
- Introductory-level course in Human Biology (BIO 100 or equivalent- lab not required)
- Macro Economics (ECON 102 or ECON 305 or equivalent)
- Introductory Psychology (PSY 200 or equivalent)
- Introductory Sociology (SOC 105 or equivalent), and
- English 214 (Second Year written composition) or equivalent prior to entering the BASW program
Since SOC 105 is not being offered in the Spring 2019 semester at SFSU, you can take SOC 001 offered at City College of San Francisco. Please check Assist.org for other sociology courses offered by other community colleges that would substitute SOC 105
Students already enrolled at San Francisco State University and who meet the eligibility requirements described above can obtain access to the BASW supplemental application forms/documents here, at the bottom of the page. The deadline for submission of the BASW supplemental application is Monday, January 7, 2019. Please read the Submitting your application section on the BASW Application Page for further instructions.